Bushland Cottages and Lodge - Yungaburra - Atherton Tablelands
Originally known as Allumbah Pocket, the town was first surveyed in 1886 as part of a village settlement scheme. In 1910, The Tolga-Johnstone Railway was constructed and the town was shifted and centered around the railway station.
Because of the confusion with the name of the coastal town of Allumbah, the name was changed to Yungaburra.
Red cedar was called 'Allumbah' by the local aboriginals. Where the lava flow ended, open forests remained and these were called 'Pockets' by the first European settlers. The area was surveyed in 1886 and settled by Europeans in the 1890's.
The bicentennial Walking TRack starts at St Patrick's Church, built in 1913. The bell-tower is dedicated to the first catholic priest, Fr. P.B. Doyle.
In 1898 Henry Sydney Williams and his family purchased land and called it Allumbah Village.The first commercial venture was a hotel, this is where the red cedar table comes from.